Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The Art of a Doodle!

 A "Doodle is an unfocused drawing made while a person's attention is otherwise occupied. Doodles are simple drawings that can have concrete representational meaning or may just be abstract shapes. Stereotypical examples of doodling are found in school notebooks, often in the margins, drawn by students day dreaming or losing interest during class. Other common examples of doodling are produced during long telephone conversations if a pen and paper are available." Okay so who knew there was such a technical term for what you do when you're bored, or just trying to clear your mind but, I can say some of my favorite art pieces are ones that look like one continuous doodle. Most of my work now a days is more restrained and modern but if you asked me what I do in my free time just for creativity I'd say more often than not "i doodle." I'm always thrilled to see this practice put to work by some of my favorite artists, stationery companies, and as of late textiles.

No comments:

Post a Comment